Friday, January 6, 2012

Unplugged

Sometimes all you need is a break. Unwind, unplug from the computer, and just sit on the floor with your toddler and play with dinosaurs.
At least that's what I did.

You would not believe the amount of drama that can happen in the heart and angel mom communities. "My kid is sicker then yours", "just because their kid is sick doesn't make them special", "you don't belong here because your kid died". 
Pathetic.
Ignorant.
Cruel.
Rude.
Jealous.
These are just a few terms that describe some of the people out there. The people that should not be judging but instead be sharing support and love to other mothers who have experienced similar circumstances. But sadly, that isn't always the case.

So I turned the computer off and shut them all out. 
I won't say it was easy. I was surprised, honestly, at the anxiety I felt for not being involved. I felt like something bad would happen if I wasn't always updating with up to the minute information and articles. I needed to be in the loop! 
But after the anxiety passed, I felt peace. Calm. Less stressed. Let me tell you, it is hard work to always be networking and advocating and sharing articles on 12 different websites. It takes a lot of time, and that was time I should have been spending with my son. I was spending too much time on the computer trying to share awareness and help other people when I should have been playing with dinosaurs and building blocks with my son. 
So three days later, I feel much better. Almost cleansed. Of course the drama is still there, the arguments and competitions; but I know now that I don't have to always be in the loop. I can check in every once and a while and I can still advocate and spread awareness. But now, I'm going to be doing it on my time, when my son is asleep so I don't miss the little moments, like this.


or this


or this. :)




3 comments:

  1. Ruth very well said...everyone needs some time away. Ruth you are about the strongest woman I know and I feel so blessed to have you as a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unplugging is amazing. I've even shut down my Facebook account at times, just to get away. It's a balance my friend, and it looks like you've found it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Kristi. As you know, "you never know how strong you are till you have no other choice". Thank you for being supportive. <3

    Kristine- it's hard to find a good balance! I was just so overwhelmed that the break was truly cleansing. I know you understand!

    ReplyDelete