Sunday, August 14, 2011

Things I never thought I'd say or do: A list

Being a mother brings surprising experiences that you can only laugh at. Here is a list of some of the things I never thought, before I had kids, that I would ever say or do.

1. "No dear, we do not eat doggy poo."

2. Chasing after my child, who has stuffed trash from off the ground, in his mouth.

3. "Will you please stop lifting mommy's shirt up!?"

4. Being the mother of the child that is screaming throughout Wal-mart.

5. Turning on Spongebob to keep my child's attention so that he will actually eat.

6. Being excited when a new episode of Phineas and Ferb airs.

7. Suffering a mild concussion from the head butt my toddler served me.

8. "Dear child, I love you so much, but STOP pulling my hair out!!"

9. Making silly faces through the grocery store to keep my child entertained.

10. Knowing every word to the Hot Dog song on Mickey Mouse clubhouse.

Though I would have never imagined I would do and say these things, they are what make my life better. I would not trade my bouncy, loud, silly-dancing, babbling to himself, climbing on everything, lungs of steel, sloppy-kiss-giving Monkey.