Thursday, August 4, 2011

Chimes

When I visit Peanut's grave, there always seems to be a soft breeze blowing. The air is soft, the light is golden, and the wind chimes are singing. It's like the souls of our lost children are floating around and playing music on the wind. 

It's calming. Peaceful. I like it there.

To me, it's not depressing or morbid. I don't think about where my son's body is because his body no longer matters. He has been released from his broken body and given wings. He is whole and perfect. I know he tried his hardest to stay with us. I know he fought hard for his life. It was not meant to be. I understand that now. I accept that. That doesn't mean I don't miss him. That doesn't mean my heart isn't broken. I love my angel and I thank God every day for giving me the time I had with him. 

Enjoy your chimes, Peanut. I love you.