Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Hello Mr. Senator

Yesterday I got a phone call from a very important person, a person that has helped us save lives across our state, and whom I owe a giant debt of gratitude.

Senator Ron Miller

Yet, he called to thank me. The way he answered the phone made me giggle:
"Hello, this is Senator Ron Miller"
My jaw dropped, my eyes got big, then I collected myself and said hello.
"So have you heard, your pulse oximetry (he could barely pronounce it) bill got passed?"
I just giggled, and said "Yeah, I heard!". 

He went on to thank me for all the work I have done on the pulse ox bill, all the networking and advocating, and all the emails. I was speechless at first, hearing what he was saying. I told him that it is I who should be thanking him for all his support and for helping us pass the bill. I told him, that thanks to him and his fellow supporters, that lives will indeed be saved and I am eternally grateful. He told me "if you ever need anything, give us a call, and we might not be able to answer right away, but we will do our best to help you!". I said "I will hold you up to that, thank you!". He just laughed, but I don't think he realized how serious I am!!

On top of that, I got a thank-you letter in the mail from an American Heart Associate who (I believe) I haven't met. It made me smile and really made my day hearing gratitude from others, others who have heard my story and appreciate all the hard work I have put into this.

So thank you. Thank you for your kind words and heartfelt thanks. I sincerely appreciate it and it makes my day to hear that Corbin lives on in others.